Owen Sound

Schedule of Services

Médiation sur place

Wednesday & Friday 12:00pm – 3:00pm

programme d’information obligatoire.

Wednesday first of the month 9:30am – 11:30am & 12:00pm – 2:00pm

Information and Referral Coordination

Wednesday & Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm

For more information, please contact us at:

1-888-796-0483  Ext. 708


Community Resources and Services Information


Legal Line

Free Legal Information & Referrals

Legal Line is a Federal not-for-profit organization providing Free easy-to-understand legal information in over 2,100 topics, covering 48 major areas of law. Information covers Federal, Provincial and Territorial laws, and is available in 107 languages. Those who need further help are referred to experts — lawyers, paralegals, government offices, and other professionals. For more information, go to Legalline.ca

Legal Services

Lawyer Referral Services  

If you wish to retain a lawyer, you may contact the Lawyer Referral Service, operated by the Upper Law Society. The service will provide you with a name of a lawyer in your area who practices family law. That lawyer will provide you a half-hour free consultation. The referral service has evolved into an on-line service. To receive an immediate referral, go to: www.findlegalhelp.ca

If you require emergency services due to being in custody or in a shelter you can call 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5525, Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm.  

 Legal Aid Ontario 

If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for legal assistance from Legal Aid Ontario, which serves low income Ontarians. For most services, a client must be financially eligible. Legal Aid Ontario provide a number of family law services, including duty counsel and advice lawyers, a Family Law Service Centre and if appropriate, a certificate to hire a lawyer. To find out more about what service are available call: 1-800-668-8258 or online at:


 The Office of The Children’s Lawyer 

The Office of the Children’s Lawyer is a law office in the Ministry of the Attorney General which delivers programs in the administration of justice on behalf of children with respect to their personal and property rights.  

Lawyers within the office represent children in various areas of law including child custody and access disputes, child protection proceedings and civil litigation. Clinical investigators prepare reports for the court in custody/access proceedings and may assist lawyers who are representing children in such matters. To learn more about the services offered by the Office of the Children’s Lawyer call: (416) 314-8000 or find online at: www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/artcl/fjsd_ocl.php

Complaints about a Lawyer  

Matters relating to the legal profession are within the responsibility of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If you are concerned about the conduct of a lawyer, you can call: 416-947-3315 or 1-800-668-7380 or go online to: www.lsuc.on.ca/with.aspx?id=644 

You may also put your complaint in writing to the following address:  

Complaints Services 

The Law Society of Upper Canada 

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West  

Toronto, Ontario  

M5H 2N6  

Legal Information 

CLEO – Community Legal Education Ontario

CLEO is an online resource project dedicates to providing legal information intended to help in understanding legal rights. For more information go to: www.cleo.on.ca or www.stepstojustice.ca  

DAWN – Disabled Women’s Network  

DAWN Canada is a community outreach program dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women living with a disability. The DAWN website has various education and informational materials. For more information go to: https://www.dawncanada.net

 FLEW – Family Law Education for Women  

The Family Law Education for Women’s website is a public legal education project funded by the Government of Ontario to assist women in understanding their family law rights. The website provides a variety of online publications intended to address the particular needs and vulnerabilities of women new to Canada (including immigrant, refugee and non-status women) and can be found at: www.onefamilylaw.ca 

Family Law information Centre (FLIC)  

The FLIC assists in meeting the individual needs of clients, particularly clients who are not represented by a lawyer and are entering the family court system for the first time. At the FLIC there is an Information and a Referral Coordinator who will assist you to find and connect with services you are looking for within your community. Advice Lawyers, who provide summary legal advice are also available at the FLIC.  

The FLIC provides publications and guides to family procedures, including the publication “What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario” which contains a section specific to domestic violence issues. The publication is available in English, French, Arabic, Chinese-Simplifies and traditional, Somali, Spanish, Tamil and Urdu and is on-line at www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/famlawbro.php

 Ministry of the Attorney General Website  

You can find information about separation and divorce, support, custody, access, family mediation and court processes and procedures on the Ministry of the Attorney General website. Choose your preferred language, then click on ‘Family Justice’ for general information as well as a link to the federal government’s website and other sources of information can all be found at: www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca

Department of Justice Canada

You can find helpful information about family law issues including how to calculate child support and parenting plan guidelines on this website: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/

My Support Calculator 

Free online child and spousal support calculator. Also provides helpful information on support and other family law related issues and a searchable list of family law professionals in your area. www.mysupportcalculator.ca

Ontario Court Forms Website  

You can obtain and fill in many of the court forms you need in a family law case on the Ontario Court Forms website. On the site, there is Ontario Court Forms Assistant, which is an online tool that will guide you through the completion of six of the most commonly used family forms. Access to all of the forms and assistance tool can be found at: www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca


Please take a moment to tell us about our Mandatory Information Program at:




Addiction Services

Grey Bruce Health Services

495 9th Avenue East


Hope GreyBruce Mental Health and Addiction Services 

1101, 2nd Avenue East # 206


G & B House

509, 9th Avenue East


OATC – Drug Rehab and Addiction Services




Alternative dispute resolution services

Médiation: The Family Mediation Centre


 1-888-796-0483 Ext 708

Child Protection ADR-Link                  


Ontario Collaborative Law Federation


Ontario Association for Family Mediation 



Training/Education/Employment services

Georgian College 

1450, 8th Street East


Driver Training

998 2nd Avenue East


Transport Training Centres of Canada

1717, 2nd Avenue East 


Academy of Learning


Service Canada

1350, 16th Street East

Owen Sound


CPP – 1-800-277-9914

Employment Insurance 1-800-206-7218



Owen Sound Transit 

1020 3rd Avenue East


5 Star Taxi 


Bayshore Taxi 



Counselling and Support Services

Canadian Mental Health Association

1024 2nd Avenue East


Hope Grey/Bruce Mental Health Services

1101, 2nd Avenue East


Owen Sound Counselling, Therapists, Psychologists


Grey Bruce Health Services 



Nikaanaganaa Counselling 

897 3rd Avenue East

Owen Sound 519-376-8628

Owen Sound Hospital – Counselling 


My Dad’s Group/My Mom’s Group

Owen Sound and Walkerton

519 372 2720

Military Family Resource Centre

519 538 1371 x 6509

Families Change



Enforcement of Court Orders

The Family Responsibility Office 


 416-326-1818 or toll free: 1-800-267-7263




Help Lines

Mental Health Crisis Line 


Crisis Intervention Team


Kids Help Phone 




Male Survivors Counselling 


Ontario 211 



Women’s Centre of Grey-Bruce 

2048A, 9th Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 3H2 


Saugeen First Nation – Kabaeshiwim Respite Women’s Shelter

24 Christine Street

Saugeen Shores Ontario N0H 2L0 

YMCA of Owen Sound Grey/Bruce – Housing Support Services

648 2nd Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario 

Safe N Sound Residence

310, 8th Street East 

Owen Sound N4K 5P3 


G & B House (Male)

Owen Sound 


Women’s House

1 800 265 3026





Supervised Access Centres

Grey Bruce Supervised Access

365, 14th Street West

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 3X9 



Desmarais Financial Services

345, 8th Street 

Owen Sound Ontario


MNP Ltd Insolvency Trustees

345, 8th Street 


BDO Debt Solutions 

1717, 2nd Street

Owen Sound Ontario 





Mental Health Services

Canadian Mental Health Association Grey Bruce

1101, 2nd Avenue East Suite 206

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 2J1 


Community Mental Health Teams of Grey Bruce


Grey Bruce Health Services – Owen Sound Hospital 

1800, 8th Street East

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 6M9

5199376-2121 ext 2480


Legal Resources

Legal Aid Ontario 



Community Legal Education


Family Law Education for Women


Ministry of the Attorney General


Office of the Children’s Lawyer


Victim Witness Assistance Program 



Guide to assist you in filling out your court forms


Child Protection Services

Grey Bruce Child and Family Services





Children and Youth

Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Owen Sound

2nd Floor Harmony Centre

890, 4th Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario 


Owen Sound Public Library  YMCA of Owen Sound and Grey Bruce County



648, 2nd Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario 

N4K 2G8 

Kiwanis Sk8 and Bike Park  Youth Drop In Centre

Unit 102-1077 

824 3rd Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 2K5 

Canadian Mental Health Association Grey Bruce “Let’s Talk” Program

1024, 2nd Avenue East

Owen Sound 519-371-3642 ext 175 

Keystone Child, Youth and Family Services

1793, 3rd Avenue West

Owen Sound N4K 6Y2 


Wellness and Emotional Support for Youth Online


Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation Health Centre – Youth Mental Health Prevention Program 



LGBTQ2+ Support


Grey Bruce Pride


PFLAG Canada – Owen Sound Chapter




Many Owen Sound Schools host Gay/Straight Alliances (GSA) 


Food Banks

Salvation Army Community Church

918. 2nd Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario 

St. George’s Anglican Church

1049, 4th Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 5P7 




Indigenous Support

M’Wikwedong Indigenous Friendship Centre


Southwest Ontario Aboriginal Health Access Centre




Nikaanaganaa Counselling and Learning Centre


897 3rd Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 2S6 

Metis Nation of Ontario, Employment and Training 

380, 9th Street East

Owen Sound Ontario N4K 1P1 


Huronia Aboriginal Management Board

1043, 2nd Avenue East

Owen Sound Ontario 


Saugeen First Nation – Saugeen Native Drug and Alcohol Counselling

519-797-3792 ext 1005