Schedule of Services

Médiation sur place

Friday 9:30am – 3:30pm

programme d’information obligatoire.

Friday twice a month 9:30 am -11:30 am

Information and Referral Coordination

Monday 9:00am – 12:00pm & Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm

For more information, please contact us at 1-888-796-0483 Ext 701


Community Resources and Services Information


Legal Line

Free Legal Information & Referrals

Legal Line is a Federal not-for-profit organization providing Free easy-to-understand legal information in over 2,100 topics, covering 48 major areas of law. Information covers Federal, Provincial and Territorial laws, and is available in 107 languages. Those who need further help are referred to experts — lawyers, paralegals, government offices, and other professionals. For more information, go to

Legal Services

Lawyer Referral Services

If you wish to retain a lawyer, you may contact the Lawyer Referral Service, operated by the Upper Law Society. The service will provide you with a name of a lawyer in your area who practices family law. That lawyer will provide you a half-hour free consultation. The referral service has evolved into an on-line service. To receive an immediate referral, go to:

If you require emergency services due to being in custody or in a shelter you can call 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5525, Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm.  

 Legal Aid Ontario

If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for legal assistance from Legal Aid Ontario, which serves low income Ontarians. For most services, a client must be financially eligible. Legal Aid Ontario provide a number of family law services, including duty counsel and advice lawyers, a Family Law Service Centre and if appropriate, a certificate to hire a lawyer. To find out more about what service are available call: 1-800-668-8258 or online at:

 The Office of The Children’s Lawyer 

The Office of the Children’s Lawyer is a law office in the Ministry of the Attorney General which delivers programs in the administration of justice on behalf of children with respect to their personal and property rights.  

Lawyers within the office represent children in various areas of law including child custody and access disputes, child protection proceedings and civil litigation. Clinical investigators prepare reports for the court in custody/access proceedings and may assist lawyers who are representing children in such matters. To learn more about the services offered by the Office of the Children’s Lawyer call: (416) 314-8000 or find online at:

Complaints about a Lawyer

Matters relating to the legal profession are within the responsibility of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If you are concerned about the conduct of a lawyer, you can call: 416-947-3315 or 1-800-668-7380 or go online to: 

You may also put your complaint in writing to the following address:  

Complaints Services 

The Law Society of Upper Canada 

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West  

Toronto, Ontario  

M5H 2N6  

Legal Information

CLEO – Community Legal Education Ontario

CLEO is an online resource project dedicates to providing legal information intended to help in understanding legal rights. For more information go to: or  

DAWN – Disabled Women’s Network  

DAWN Canada is a community outreach program dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women living with a disability. The DAWN website has various education and informational materials. For more information go to:

 FLEW – Family Law Education for Women

The Family Law Education for Women’s website is a public legal education project funded by the Government of Ontario to assist women in understanding their family law rights. The website provides a variety of online publications intended to address the particular needs and vulnerabilities of women new to Canada (including immigrant, refugee and non-status women) and can be found at: 

Family Law information Centre (FLIC)  

The FLIC assists in meeting the individual needs of clients, particularly clients who are not represented by a lawyer and are entering the family court system for the first time. At the FLIC there is an Information and a Referral Coordinator who will assist you to find and connect with services you are looking for within your community. Advice Lawyers, who provide summary legal advice are also available at the FLIC.  

The FLIC provides publications and guides to family procedures, including the publication “What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario” which contains a section specific to domestic violence issues. The publication is available in English, French, Arabic, Chinese-Simplifies and traditional, Somali, Spanish, Tamil and Urdu and is on-line at

 Ministry of the Attorney General Website  

You can find information about separation and divorce, support, custody, access, family mediation and court processes and procedures on the Ministry of the Attorney General website. Choose your preferred language, then click on ‘Family Justice’ for general information as well as a link to the federal government’s website and other sources of information can all be found at:

Department of Justice Canada

You can find helpful information about family law issues including how to calculate child support and parenting plan guidelines on this website:

My Support Calculator 

Free online child and spousal support calculator. Also provides helpful information on support and other family law related issues and a searchable list of family law professionals in your area.

Ontario Court Forms Website  

You can obtain and fill in many of the court forms you need in a family law case on the Ontario Court Forms website. On the site, there is Ontario Court Forms Assistant, which is an online tool that will guide you through the completion of six of the most commonly used family forms. Access to all of the forms and assistance tool can be found at:


Please take a moment to tell us about our Mandatory Information Program at:



Addiction Services

Addiction Services of Thames Valley


Al-A Teen and Al-Anon London & Area

519-457-9393 (Local Answering Service)


Access to Addiction, Mental Health, and Problem Gambling Services


Alcoholics Anonymous Elgin County



Alternative Dispute  Resolution Services

Le Centre de médiation familiale

St. Thomas,ON

519-631-4810 x1149

1-88-796-0483 x701

Ontario Association for Family Mediation

ADR Institution Ontario

Ontario Collaborative Law Federation


Training / Education / Employment Services

Thames Valley District School Board


Adult and Continuing Education


London District Catholic School Board


Employment Services Elgin




Aylmer Community Services 

25 Centre Street 

Aylmer, ON


Balaclava Street Adult and Alternative Education Centre 

20 Balaclava Street 

St. Thomas, ON




City of St. Thomas Transit  

519- 631-0001

Cox Cabs


Redline Taxi


Counselling and Supportive Services

Canadian Mental Health Association

519- 633-1781 

Central Community Health Association


Big Brothers/ Big Sisters of St. Thomas


Elgin St. Thomas Health Unit


Community Care Access Centre


Mennonite Community Services- Aylmer Resource Centre


Victim Witness Assistance Program


Community Living Elgin


East Elgin Family Health Team


Elgin Counselling and Mediation Centre Inc.**


Violence Against Women Services Elgin County


24/7 Toll-Free # 1-800-265-4305

Victim Services Elgin


Newcomer Settlement Services



Enforcement of Court Orders

The Family Responsibility Office


Help Lines

Mental Health Helpline


Assault Women’s Help LineCrisis Line



Kids Help Line


Fem’ aid (Assistance for French-Speaking Women)

Toll-Free # 1-877-336-2433

Assault Women’s Help Line

Crisis Line 1-866-863-0511

London Distress Centre Crisis Line


Victim Support Line

Toll-Free # 1-888-579-2888

Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline (OPGH)

Toll-Free # 1-888-230-3505




Access to Affordable Housing

519-631-9350 * choose option 3



Fresh Start Support Services


Inn Out of the Cold- St. Thomas & Elgin 


(Mid October – End of March)

Men’s Mission and Rehabilitation Centre


St. Thomas Elgin Second Stage Housing


Violence Against Women, Services Elgin County 


Rotholme Women’s and Family Shelter


YWCA- Women’s Residence



Supervised Access Centres

Merrymount Supervised Access Programming




Canada Pension Plan


Ontario Works


McLay & Company Inc.- Trustee in Bankruptcy

1 -844-616-2529

Ontario Disability Support Program (O.D.S.P) 


Consolidated Credit Counselling Services of Canada

Toll-Free # 1-844-402-3073

Adamson & Associates


Credit Counselling Program- Family Services 519-433-0159


Mental Health Services

Canadian Mental Health Association

519- 633-1781 

Psychiatric Survivors Network


Mental Health Helpline
St. Joseph’s Regional Mental Health

519-646-6100 ext 44028


Legal Resources

Legal Aid Ontario

Victim Crisis Assistance & Referral Services


Advice Lawyer

4 Wellington Street

St. Thomas, ON

Every Monday (except holidays)

9:00-12:00pm & Wednesday 1:00-4:00pm

Citizenship and Immigration

Toll-Free # 1-888-242-2100

Elgin Oxford Legal Clinic519-633-2638

Family Law Information Centre

519-631-4810 ext.1149

4 Wellington Street

St. Thomas, ON

Fridays 9:30am – 12:00pm


Child Protection Services

Family and Children’s Services of St. Thomas and Elgin County


Toll-Free # 1-800-260-6960


Children and Youth

Wellkin Child & Youth Mental Wellness

99 Edward St, St. Thomas, ON 

(519) 637-2673

Big Brothers/ Big Sisters of St. Thomas


Ontario Early Years Centre


Merrymount Children’s Services 


Talbot Teen Drop-In Centre

745 Talbot St, 

St. Thomas, ON

(519) 631-8820


LGBT2Q+ Support

St Thomas-Elgin Rainbow Alliance


Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line


PFLAG Canada London  


Open Closet (OC)

Unitarian Fellowship of London


557 Clark Rd, London


 Food Banks

Caring Cupboard Food Bank



Salvation Army (The)

105 Edward St
St Thomas, ON

Community and Family Services    


Thrift Store: 519-631-3206

The Grace Cafe – St Thomas – Street Mission and Soup Kitchen  

10 Queen St
St Thomas, ON




Indigenous Support

N’Amerind Friendship Centre

(519) 672-0131

Nokee Kwe – The South London Employment Help Centre

 1069 1069 Wellington Road, London,ON


Southwest Ontario Aboriginal Health Access Centre   

425-427 William St
London, ON