Schedule of Services

Médiation sur place

Tuesday 9:00am – 12:00pm &Wednesdays 9:00am-4:00pm

programme d’information obligatoire.

Friday twice a month 1:00pm – 3:00pm

Information and Referral Coordination

Tuesday 9:00am – 12:00pm &Wednesdays 9:00am-4:00pm

For more information, please contact us at: 1-888-796-0483 Ext 702


Community Resources and Services Information


Legal Line

Free Legal Information & Referrals

Legal Line is a Federal not-for-profit organization providing Free easy-to-understand legal information in over 2,100 topics, covering 48 major areas of law. Information covers Federal, Provincial and Territorial laws, and is available in 107 languages. Those who need further help are referred to experts — lawyers, paralegals, government offices, and other professionals. For more information, go to

Legal Services

Lawyer Referral Services  

If you wish to retain a lawyer, you may contact the Lawyer Referral Service, operated by the Upper Law Society. The service will provide you with a name of a lawyer in your area who practices family law. That lawyer will provide you a half-hour free consultation. The referral service has evolved into an on-line service. To receive an immediate referral, go to:

If you require emergency services due to being in custody or in a shelter you can call 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5525, Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm.  

 Legal Aid Ontario 

If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for legal assistance from Legal Aid Ontario, which serves low income Ontarians. For most services, a client must be financially eligible. Legal Aid Ontario provide a number of family law services, including duty counsel and advice lawyers, a Family Law Service Centre and if appropriate, a certificate to hire a lawyer. To find out more about what service are available call: 1-800-668-8258 or online at:

 The Office of The Children’s Lawyer 

The Office of the Children’s Lawyer is a law office in the Ministry of the Attorney General which delivers programs in the administration of justice on behalf of children with respect to their personal and property rights.  

Lawyers within the office represent children in various areas of law including child custody and access disputes, child protection proceedings and civil litigation. Clinical investigators prepare reports for the court in custody/access proceedings and may assist lawyers who are representing children in such matters. To learn more about the services offered by the Office of the Children’s Lawyer call: (416) 314-8000 or find online at:

Complaints about a Lawyer  

Matters relating to the legal profession are within the responsibility of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If you are concerned about the conduct of a lawyer, you can call: 416-947-3315 or 1-800-668-7380 or go online to: 

You may also put your complaint in writing to the following address:  

Complaints Services 

The Law Society of Upper Canada 

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West  

Toronto, Ontario  

M5H 2N6  

Legal Information 

CLEO – Community Legal Education Ontario

CLEO is an online resource project dedicates to providing legal information intended to help in understanding legal rights. For more information go to: or  

DAWN – Disabled Women’s Network  

DAWN Canada is a community outreach program dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women living with a disability. The DAWN website has various education and informational materials. For more information go to:

 FLEW – Family Law Education for Women  

The Family Law Education for Women’s website is a public legal education project funded by the Government of Ontario to assist women in understanding their family law rights. The website provides a variety of online publications intended to address the particular needs and vulnerabilities of women new to Canada (including immigrant, refugee and non-status women) and can be found at: 

Family Law information Centre (FLIC)  

The FLIC assists in meeting the individual needs of clients, particularly clients who are not represented by a lawyer and are entering the family court system for the first time. At the FLIC there is an Information and a Referral Coordinator who will assist you to find and connect with services you are looking for within your community. Advice Lawyers, who provide summary legal advice are also available at the FLIC.  

The FLIC provides publications and guides to family procedures, including the publication “What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario” which contains a section specific to domestic violence issues. The publication is available in English, French, Arabic, Chinese-Simplifies and traditional, Somali, Spanish, Tamil and Urdu and is on-line at

 Ministry of the Attorney General Website  

You can find information about separation and divorce, support, custody, access, family mediation and court processes and procedures on the Ministry of the Attorney General website. Choose your preferred language, then click on ‘Family Justice’ for general information as well as a link to the federal government’s website and other sources of information can all be found at:

Department of Justice Canada

You can find helpful information about family law issues including how to calculate child support and parenting plan guidelines on this website:

My Support Calculator 

Free online child and spousal support calculator. Also provides helpful information on support and other family law related issues and a searchable list of family law professionals in your area.

Ontario Court Forms Website  

You can obtain and fill in many of the court forms you need in a family law case on the Ontario Court Forms website. On the site, there is Ontario Court Forms Assistant, which is an online tool that will guide you through the completion of six of the most commonly used family forms. Access to all of the forms and assistance tool can be found at:


Please take a moment to tell us about our Mandatory Information Program at:



Addiction Services

Alcoholics Anonymous – Stratford and

Perth County 

519-271-7755 or 1-800-706-9833

(24 hr) 

Addiction Services of Thames



Choices for Change 


Connex Ontario Services



Alternative dispute resolution services 


Le Centre de médiation familiale



Collaborative Law

Collaborative Family Lawyers


Training/Education/Employment Services

Employment Resource Centre – Stratford


The Centre for Employment and Learning in Night School


Leads Employment Services


ABL Employment




Stratford City Stratford



Counselling and Support Services

Family Services – Perth –Huron



Victim Services Bruce Grey Perth



Canadian Mental Health Association – Huron/ Perth



Enforcement of Court Orders

The Family Responsibility Office

1.416.326.1818 or toll free: 1.800.267.7263


Help Lines

Mental Health Helpline


Ontario 211

Assaulted Women’s Hotline



Kids Help Phone


Victim Services Helpline

1-866-887-0015 – male survivor support

1-877-232-2610 – female survivor support

Fem’aide: Francophone Helpine For Women




Optimism Place Women’s Shelter and

Support Services

24 Hour Crisis Line 519-271-5550

Toll Free Line 1-800-265-8598

Regular office Hours 519-271-5310 

The Salvation Army – Home Out of the Cold


Society of St. Vincent de Paul


Huron-Perth Safe Homes for Youth



Stratford / Perth Shelter link



Huron Women’s Shelter




Supervised Access Centre

The Emily Murphy Centre





Wilkinson and Keller Financial


208 Ontario Street


Monteith Financial Services

804 Ontario Street 


MNP Ltd – Licensed Insolvency Trustee 

413 Hibernia Street



Mental Health Services

Canadian Mental Health Association Perth 

540 Huron Street 

Stratford Ontario 


Huron-Perth Centre – Family Counselor 

63 Lorne Avenue East 


Stratford General Hospital –

Inpatient Mental Health Services 

519-272-8210 x 2479

Stratford Mental Health Team

Huron-Perth Healthcare Alliance Choices for Change: Alcohol, Drug

and Gambling Counselling Centre

Festival Square Building

10 Downie Street, 3rd Floor

Stratford Ontario N5A 7K4 


Legal Resources

Legal Aid Ontario – Stratford Duty Counsel

150 Huron Street

Stratford Ontario N5A 5S8 


Family Law Information Centre – Perth County 

100 St. Patrick Street

Stratford Ontario N5A 7W1 


Huron-Perth Community Legal Clinic 

59 Lorne Avenue East

Stratford Ontario N5A 6S4 


Law Society of Ontario – Lawyer Referral Services

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West

Toronto Ontario M5H 2N6 

Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services

of Huron County

5 Huron Street

Stratford Ontario N5A 5S4


CMHA – Community Support Program – Court Support


540 Huron Street, Stratford Ontario N5A 5T9 


Child Protection Services

Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society – Stratford Office

519-271-5290 (24hr)


639 Lorne Avenue East

Stratford Ontario N5A 6S4 

Family Services Perth-Huron



142 Waterloo Street S

Stratford Ontario N5A 4B4 


Children and Youth 

Huron-Perth Centre for Children and Youth – Perth




1-888-829-7484 (crisis response)

63 Lorne Avenue East, Unit 2A

Stratford Ontario N5A 6S4 

Thames Valley Children’s Centre

240 Graff Street

Stratford Ontario N5A 6Y2 

Child and Parent Resource Institute 

600 Sanatorium Road 

London Ontario N6H 3W7 



46 General Hospital Drive

Stratford Ontario N5A 2Y6 

519-272-8216 or 1-866-333-7716


LGBTQ2+ Support

LGBTQ2+  Youth Line


PFLAG Canada

Waterloo-Wellington-Perth Chapter



Food Banks 

The Local Community Food Centre 

612 Erie Street 

Stratford Ontario 

Stratford House of Blessing

423 Erie Street

Stratford Ontario

Salvation Army 

230 Lightbourne Avenue

Stratford Ontario


Indigenous Support

OFIFC – Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres