Schedule of Services

Médiation sur place

Thursday 9:00am – 3:00pm

programme d’information obligatoire.

Friday once a month 9:30am -11:30am & 12:30pm – 2:30pm

Information and Referral Coordination

Monday 9:00am – 3:00pm

For more information, please contact us at:

1-888-796-0483 ext 707

Email: walkerton@mediationsouth.com

Community Resources and Services Information


Legal Line

Free Legal Information & Referrals

Legal Line is a Federal not-for-profit organization providing Free easy-to-understand legal information in over 2,100 topics, covering 48 major areas of law. Information covers Federal, Provincial and Territorial laws, and is available in 107 languages. Those who need further help are referred to experts — lawyers, paralegals, government offices, and other professionals. For more information, go to Legalline.ca

Legal Services

Lawyer Referral Services  

If you wish to retain a lawyer, you may contact the Lawyer Referral Service, operated by the Upper Law Society. The service will provide you with a name of a lawyer in your area who practices family law. That lawyer will provide you a half-hour free consultation. The referral service has evolved into an on-line service. To receive an immediate referral, go to: www.findlegalhelp.ca

If you require emergency services due to being in custody or in a shelter you can call 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5525, Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm.  

 Legal Aid Ontario 

If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for legal assistance from Legal Aid Ontario, which serves low income Ontarians. For most services, a client must be financially eligible. Legal Aid Ontario provide a number of family law services, including duty counsel and advice lawyers, a Family Law Service Centre and if appropriate, a certificate to hire a lawyer. To find out more about what service are available call: 1-800-668-8258 or online at:


 The Office of The Children’s Lawyer 

The Office of the Children’s Lawyer is a law office in the Ministry of the Attorney General which delivers programs in the administration of justice on behalf of children with respect to their personal and property rights.  

Lawyers within the office represent children in various areas of law including child custody and access disputes, child protection proceedings and civil litigation. Clinical investigators prepare reports for the court in custody/access proceedings and may assist lawyers who are representing children in such matters. To learn more about the services offered by the Office of the Children’s Lawyer call: (416) 314-8000 or find online at: www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/artcl/fjsd_ocl.php

Complaints about a Lawyer  

Matters relating to the legal profession are within the responsibility of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If you are concerned about the conduct of a lawyer, you can call: 416-947-3315 or 1-800-668-7380 or go online to: www.lsuc.on.ca/with.aspx?id=644 

You may also put your complaint in writing to the following address:  

Complaints Services 

The Law Society of Upper Canada 

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West  

Toronto, Ontario  

M5H 2N6  

Legal Information 

CLEO – Community Legal Education Ontario

CLEO is an online resource project dedicates to providing legal information intended to help in understanding legal rights. For more information go to: www.cleo.on.ca or www.stepstojustice.ca  

DAWN – Disabled Women’s Network  

DAWN Canada is a community outreach program dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women living with a disability. The DAWN website has various education and informational materials. For more information go to: https://www.dawncanada.net

 FLEW – Family Law Education for Women  

The Family Law Education for Women’s website is a public legal education project funded by the Government of Ontario to assist women in understanding their family law rights. The website provides a variety of online publications intended to address the particular needs and vulnerabilities of women new to Canada (including immigrant, refugee and non-status women) and can be found at: www.onefamilylaw.ca 

Family Law information Centre (FLIC)  

The FLIC assists in meeting the individual needs of clients, particularly clients who are not represented by a lawyer and are entering the family court system for the first time. At the FLIC there is an Information and a Referral Coordinator who will assist you to find and connect with services you are looking for within your community. Advice Lawyers, who provide summary legal advice are also available at the FLIC.  

The FLIC provides publications and guides to family procedures, including the publication “What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario” which contains a section specific to domestic violence issues. The publication is available in English, French, Arabic, Chinese-Simplifies and traditional, Somali, Spanish, Tamil and Urdu and is on-line at www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/famlawbro.php

 Ministry of the Attorney General Website  

You can find information about separation and divorce, support, custody, access, family mediation and court processes and procedures on the Ministry of the Attorney General website. Choose your preferred language, then click on ‘Family Justice’ for general information as well as a link to the federal government’s website and other sources of information can all be found at: www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca

Department of Justice Canada

You can find helpful information about family law issues including how to calculate child support and parenting plan guidelines on this website: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/

My Support Calculator 

Free online child and spousal support calculator. Also provides helpful information on support and other family law related issues and a searchable list of family law professionals in your area. www.mysupportcalculator.ca

Ontario Court Forms Website  

You can obtain and fill in many of the court forms you need in a family law case on the Ontario Court Forms website. On the site, there is Ontario Court Forms Assistant, which is an online tool that will guide you through the completion of six of the most commonly used family forms. Access to all of the forms and assistance tool can be found at: www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca


Please take a moment to tell us about our Mandatory Information Program at:




Addiction Services


Sponsored by Hope Grey Bruce

Mental Health & Addiction Services

104 Catherine Street

Walkerton Ontario N0H 2V0


CHOICES: Drug and Alcohol Counselling YOUTH:16 years & older & their families




AddictionTreatment Services

519-376-5666 / 3664
Withdrawal Management


Alternative dispute resolution services

THE FAMILY MEDIATION CENTRE 207 Cayley Street Walkerton Ontario 


1-888-796-0483 ext 707


Ontario Collaborative Law Federation


Legal Aid 1-800-668-8258

Criminal / Family / Immigration Law

FLIC Family Law Information Centre



(Superior Court)



Training/Education/Employment services

Free Post-Secondary School Help Line

1-866-925-5454 or call 211

Bruce Grey Catholic District School Board



Grey Bruce Academy – Distributed Education – Western University





Saugeen Mobility & Regional Transit


Grey Bruce Airbus


Home and Community Volunteer Transportation



Grey and Bruce County Non-Accessible transportation



Counselling and Support Services

Keystone Child, Youth and Family Services.

Individual & Family 0 – 17.

Residential crisis assessment & stabilization services for ages 12 – 17



Assaulted Womens Helpline



Anonymous & confidential





Community Living



National Eating Disorder Info Centre




Enforcement of Court Orders

The Family Responsibility Office 


 416-326-1818 or toll free: 1-800-267-7263


Help Lines

Victim / Witness Support Line 1-888-579-2888




Sexual Assault Support 1-866-578-5566 www.whsbg.on.ca
Back on Track CAMH 1-888-814-5831 info@remidial.net



Womens House

Serving Bruce and Grey


Local Crisis Line


Adult Protective Service Worker 519-881-3772 www.k3c.org
Home and Community Support 519-881-4800 www..brucecounty.on.ca


Supervised Access Centres

Supervised Access Centre 

Grey Bruce




Bankruptcy Help & Advice Debt Settlement & Consumer Proposal 1-800-298-8463


BDO 519-881-1211 121 Jackson St S #760, Walkerton, ON N0G 2V0
Canada Revenue Agency Walkerton 211 Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
Financial Assistance for Rent & Utilities 519-396-3450 ext 104
H & R Block Tax Preparation & Income Tax Returns 519-881-2821 338 Durham Street E Walkerton On
YMCA Youth Workshops 519-371-9230 Financial advice


Mental Health Services

Grey Bruce Mental Health Team 519-364-7788
CMHA Grey Bruce 519-371-3642 Mental Health Court Support
CMHA – Hanover 519-364-0184 Kincardine 519-396-4523
My Dads Group 519-372-2720 Canadian Mental Health Association & Bruce Grey Child & Family Services


Legal Resources

Legal Aid 1-800-668-8258

TTY: 1-866-641-8867

Family Law Education for Women (Immigrant, refugee and non status women) www.onefamilylaw.ca
Lawyers Referral Service 1-800-268-8326
CLEONET www.cleonet.ca
DAWN Ontario Disabled Womens Network Ontario www.dawn.thot.net


Child Protection Services

Childrens Aid Society 1-855-322-4453 www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs/English/childrensaid/index.aspx
Office of the Childrens Lawyer 416-314-8000 www.ontario.ca/childrenslawyer
Children’s Aid & Child Protection 1-800-718-1797 www.oacas.org/childrens-aid-child-protection


Children and Youth

KIDs Help Line 1-800-668-6868 kidshelpphone.ca
Crisis Line of Grey Bruce 1-877-470-5200
Wes for Youth Online www.wesforyouthonline.ca
GOOD 2 TALK www.good2talk.ca
Ontario Early Years Centre 519-881-2739 Bruce-Grey
Bluewater Youth and Adult 519-363-3420 www.southwesternontario.ca/bluewater-youth-and-adult


LGBTQ2+ Support

Pride and Prejudice Support Group – (Support for LGBT youth) 519-376-9420

Ext: 1530

Grey Bruce Pride SouthWesthealthline.ca 1-888-530-6777 ext 568 greybruceprideinfo@gmail.com
Trans Lifeline 1-877-330-6366 www.translifeline.org


Food Banks

Food Banks 519-364-3450 www.bgcdsb.org/for_parents/health_butrition/food_banks
Salvation Army Church 519-534-0353 Wiarton
Salvation Army Church 519-364-3450 Hanover


Indigenous Support


Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centres  www.ofifc.org.
Nishawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation – Nation (NAN), (NALSC) 86 S. Cumberland Street Thunder Bay Ontario P7B 2V3  1-800-465-5581



Aboriginal Legal Services  of Toronto (ALST 803-415 Young St, Toronto 416-408-3967

e-mail: alst@web.ca