Schedule of Services

On-Site Mediation

Tuesday 9:00am – 4:00pm 

Mandatory Information Program

Friday twice a month 1:00pm – 3:00pm

Information and Referral Coordination

Wednesday 9:00am – 4:00pm

For more information, please contact us at: 1-888-796-0483 Ext 702


Community Resources and Services Information



Legal Aid Ontario 

If you cannot afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for legal assistance from Legal Aid Ontario, which serves low-income Ontarians. For most services, a client must be financially eligible. Legal Aid Ontario provide a number of family law services, including duty counsel and advice lawyers, a Family Law Service Centre and if appropriate, a certificate to hire a lawyer. To find out more about what service are available call: 1-800-668-8258 or online at:


Lawyer Referral Services  

If you wish to retain a lawyer, you may contact the Lawyer Referral Service, operated by the Upper Law Society. The service will provide you with a name of a lawyer in your area who practices family law. That lawyer will provide you a half-hour free consultation. The referral service has evolved into an on-line service. To receive an immediate referral, go to: or call 1-855-947-5255.


Free Legal Information & Referrals

Legal Line is a Federal not-for-profit organization providing Free easy-to-understand legal information in over 2,100 topics, covering 48 major areas of law. Information covers Federal, Provincial and Territorial laws, and is available in 107 languages. Those who need further help are referred to experts — lawyers, paralegals, government offices, and other professionals. For more information, go to:


Limited Scope Practicing Lawyers

If you would like to receive legal advice at an hourly rate avoiding a retainer fee, you can try Limited Scope Practicing Lawyers. You can find a list of lawyers within your area that offer this service at –


The Office of The Children’s Lawyer 

The Office of the Children’s Lawyer is a law office in the Ministry of the Attorney General which delivers programs in the administration of justice on behalf of children with respect to their personal and property rights.  Lawyers within the office represent children in various areas of law including child custody and access disputes, child protection proceedings and civil litigation. Clinical investigators prepare reports for the court in custody/access proceedings and may assist lawyers who are representing children in such matters. To learn more about the services offered by the Office of the Children’s Lawyer call: (416) 314-8000 or find online at:


Complaints about a Lawyer  

Matters relating to the legal profession are within the responsibility of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If you are concerned about the conduct of a lawyer, you can call: 416-947-3315 or 1-800-668-7380 or go online to:

 You may also put your complaint in writing to the following address:  

Complaints Services 

The Law Society of Upper Canada 

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West  

Toronto, Ontario  

M5H 2N6  




Steps to Justice / CLEO Community Legal Education Ontario

Step-by-step information about legal problems. Reliable, practical, and easy to understand. 

CLEO is an online resource project dedicates to providing legal information intended to help in understanding legal rights. For more information go to:


Use CLEO’s free online interviews to fill out legal forms, draft letters, and identify your next steps. The Guided Pathways ask you questions and then use your answers to fill in the forms and letters you need. When you are done, you can save and print your papers.


FLEW – Family Law Education for Women  

The Family Law Education for Women’s website is a public legal education project funded by the Government of Ontario to assist women in understanding their family law rights. The website provides a variety of online publications intended to address the particular needs and vulnerabilities of women new to Canada (including immigrant, refugee and non-status women) and can be found at:


Family Law information Centre (FLIC)  

The FLIC assists in meeting the individual needs of clients, particularly clients who are not represented by a lawyer and are entering the family court system for the first time. At the FLIC there is an Information and a Referral Coordinator who will assist you to find and connect with services you are looking for within your community. Advice Lawyers, who provide summary legal advice are also available at the FLIC.  

The FLIC provides publications and guides to family procedures, including the publication “What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario” which contains a section specific to domestic violence issues. The publication is available in English, French, Arabic, Chinese-Simplifies and traditional, Somali, Spanish, Tamil and Urdu and is on-line at


Ministry of the Attorney General Website  

You can find information about separation and divorce, support, custody, access, family mediation and court processes and procedures on the Ministry of the Attorney General website. Choose your preferred language, then click on ‘Family Justice’ for general information as well as a link to the federal government’s website and other sources of information can all be found at:


Department of Justice Canada

You can find helpful information about family law issues including how to calculate child support and parenting plan guidelines on this website:


My Support Calculator 

Free online child and spousal support calculator. Also provides helpful information on support and other family law related issues and a searchable list of family law professionals in your area.


Ontario Court Forms Website  

You can obtain and fill in many of the court forms you need in a family law case on the Ontario Court Forms website. On the site, there is Ontario Court Forms Assistant, which is an online tool that will guide you through the completion of six of the most commonly used family forms. Access to all of the forms and assistance tool can be found at:


DAWN – Disabled Women’s Network  

DAWN Canada is a community outreach program dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women living with a disability. The DAWN website has various education and informational materials. For more information go to:




Addiction Services


Alcoholics Anonymous – Stratford and Perth County 

519-603-2264 or 1-800-706-9833 (24 hr) 


Al-Anon – Stratford and Perth County



CMHA Thames Valley Addiction and Mental Health Services



Choices for Change 

1-877-218-0077 or 519-271-6730


Connex Ontario Health Services Information

Call:  1-866-531-2600 

Text:  247247

Live web chat:


Alternative dispute resolution services 


The Family Mediation Centre


1-888-796-0483 Ext. 702


Collaborative Family Lawyers


Training/Education/Employment Services


Partners in Employment – Stratford



The Centre for Employment and Learning in Night School



Leads Employment Services



ABL Employment





Transit – City of Stratford



PC Connect – Perth County + Stratford + St. Mary’s

Community Transit System

1-888-465-0783 or 519-271-0531—perth-county-and-stratford.aspx#


Counselling and Support Services


Family Services – Perth –Huron

519-271-1020 or 1-800-268-0903


Victim Services Bruce Grey Perth

519-271-9998 or 1-866-376-9852


CMHA Huron Perth Addiction and Mental Health Services

519-273-1391 or 519-271-6730


Enforcement of Court Orders


The Family Responsibility Office 

1-416-326-1817 or toll free: 1-800-267-4330


Help Lines


Huron-Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team



Victim Services Bruce Grey Perth

Crisis Line: 1-866-376-9852


First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line


Online chat:


Mental Health Helpline – ConnexOntario



Ontario 211


Assaulted Women’s Hotline

416-863-0511 or 1-866-863-0511

Online Chat:


Kids Help Phone



Kids Help Phone Crisis Text Line

Text CONNECT to 686868


Victim Services Helpline

1-866-887-0015 – male survivor support

1-886-863-0511 – assaulted women’s support


Fem’aide: Francophone Helpline For Women



Multilingual Victim Support Line



Talk4Healing – Indigenous Women Support Line





Optimism Place Women’s Shelter and Support Services

24 Hour Crisis Line 519-271-5550

Toll Free Line 1-800-265-8598

Regular office Hours 519-271-5310 


Huron-Perth Safe Homes for Youth

1-800-361-1640 or 519-235-0433


Stratford / Perth Shelter Link – Youth 16-24



Huron Women’s Shelter

519-524-5333 or 1-800-265-5506 (crisis line)


Connection Centre – Drop-in Centre

9 Douro Street, Stratford



Supervised Access Centre


The Emily Murphy Centre

519-273-7350 or 1-888-826-8117


Supervised Access & Visitation Exchange Huron Perth





WK Financial Planning

208 Ontario Street, Stratford



Monteith Financial Services



MNP Ltd – Licensed Insolvency Trustee 

61 Lorne Ave E, Unit 1B, Stratford




Mental Health Services


CMHA Huron Perth Addiction and Mental Health Services

519-273-1391 or 519-271-6730


Huron-Perth Centre – Family Counsellor 

63 Lorne Avenue East 



Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance – Stratford General Hospital

Inpatient Mental Health Services 519-272-8210 x 2479

Outpatient Mental Health Services (counselling) 519-272-8210 x 2570 


Choices for Change: Alcohol, Drug and Gambling Counselling Centre

Festival Square Building

10 Downie Street, 3rd Floor, Stratford



Legal Resources


Legal Aid Ontario 



Stratford Duty Counsel



Family Law Information Centre – Perth County 

100 St. Patrick Street

Stratford Ontario N5A 7W1 

1-888-796-0483 x 702


Huron-Perth Community Legal Clinic 

59 Lorne Avenue East

Stratford Ontario N5A 6S4 



Law Society of Ontario – Lawyer Referral Services

Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West, Toronto Ontario M5H 2N6



Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services of Huron County

544 Huron Street, Stratford Ontario N5A 5T9

1-866-376-9852 or 519-271-9998


CMHA – Huron Perth Addiction and Mental Health Services 

Court Support

540 Huron Street, Stratford Ontario N5A 5T9 



Child Protection Services


Huron-Perth Children’s Aid Society – Stratford Office

639 Lorne Avenue East, Stratford Ontario N5A 6S4

519-271-5290 (24hr) – 1-800-668-5094


Family Services Perth-Huron

142 Waterloo Street S, Stratford Ontario N5A 4B4 

519-273-1020 – 1-800-268-0903


Children and Youth 


Huron-Perth Centre for Children and Youth – Perth County

63 Lorne Avenue East, Unit 2A, Stratford Ontario N5A 6S4 

Stratford: 519-273-3373 x 2221 Text: 519-719-2350

Listowel: 519-291-1088 x 4221  Text:  519-719-3766


1-888-829-7484 (crisis response)


TVCC (formerly Thames Valley Children’s Centre)

779 Base Line Rd E London, Ontario  N6C 5Y6



Child and Parent Resource Institute 

600 Sanatorium Road, London Ontario N6H 3W7 




46 General Hospital Drive, Stratford Ontario N5A 2Y6 

519-272-8216 or 1-866-333-7716



LGBTQ2+ Support



 Youth Line


Text:  647-694-4275

Live chat:


PFLAG Canada

Waterloo-Wellington-Perth Chapter

1-888-530-6777 x 605


Food Banks 


The Local Community Food Centre 

612 Erie Street, Stratford Ontario



Stratford House of Blessing

423 Erie Street, Stratford Ontario



Salvation Army 

230 Lightbourne Avenue, Stratford Ontario



Saint Vincent de Paul


96 Huron Street, Stratford



Indigenous Support


OFIFC – Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres



N’Amerind (London) Friendship Centre Inc.


Court House: 419-432-4104